Skip to content
bterbeek's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 1:00 PM

IPV6 Gateway address's and gateway question

I have discoverd my IPV6 address using the website, how do I find the gateway address and how do i come up with static IPV6 address.

My router is in bridge mode.

Thanks

Brian

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Awesome, glad you were able to find the IPv6! You can find the gateway, static, and CIDR block using these instructions: View your Static IP information online 🙂 Let us know if you have any other questions or any concerns, we're always glad to help out! 

-Gina

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

That only shows for ipv4 not ipv6

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

So, just to confirm you are not able to view the ipv6? -Anisa 

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for confirming all of this information. Just to confirm you stated that the modem is in bridge mode and you would like to use the IPV6 as static is this correct? I ask for this confirmation because as long as the modem is in Bridge mode the static IP's will not work. They are made to be used in a passthrough mode. Would you mind confirming if this is correct when you have a moment? -Comcast_Michelle

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same question. Our static IPv6 block is:

2603:3005:3475:8000::/56

What is our gateway address? Our modem should be in Passthrough mode.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums regarding your static Ip information. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist.  You can find the gateway, static, and CIDR block using these instructions: View your Static IP information online Smiley Happy. If you have any further questions or concerns please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number and we would be more than happy to assist.