Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 10th, 2021 2:23 PM

how to setup passthrough mode cga4131com

We have a new Comcast business phone and internet account that works well. However, I need to setup IP passthrough mode on the CGA4131COM modem by Technicolor ver 2.3. I disabled the entire firewall as suggested in a Comcast post and reset the modem, but the WAN ip does not passthrough to our router. Does the enable LAN DHCP need to be turned off for passthrough to work? Any suggestions?

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

57 Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, @user_d8d269. LAN DHCP should be disabled for passthrough to work. Please try to disable that, and let me know if it works! 

Here is a great link that will walk you through the steps. :) 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The link just loops back to your answer. Please repost the link. Many thanks.

• 

57 Messages

Whoops, my apologies on that! 

Here is the link. I am sure it was the post you found already. It does state the LAN DHCP does need to be disabled as well.

https://comca.st/3vc22j2

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I turned off the LAN DHCP and disabled the firewall and rebooted the Technicolor modem. Phones worked, but no passthrough so no internet. Without DHCP couldn't control the modem, so did a factory reset using the reset on the front of the modem. That restored everything to the original state.  Do I need to set the WAN ip address (e.g. 24.11.188.169) as the address of our local router? If so, will I need to obtain a static IP to keep the WAN address from changing?

• 

57 Messages

I do appreciate all the cooperation, and for trying these steps. I'd like to look into a few things on my end. Do you mind sending me a PM with your name, business name, and address?

To send a private message, please click on the chat icon on the top right next to the bell. Please make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Comcast Business" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I no longer work for Comcast.