Skip to content
n3vik's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:00 PM

Home Wifi problems with Comcast Business

Hi

Until last month, for 4 years I had used Comcast/Xfinity Residential Internet with my D-Link DIR-645 router for my home wifi without any problems.  My wifi was stable and reliable and I didn't have to restart the router once due to wifi issues in the whole of those 4 years.  Life was good.

Then last month I switched to Comcast Business for my internet provider.  They provided me with a new modem but I continued to use my D-Link DIR-645 router for my home wifi so I did not expect any issues.  But since the change my wifi is constantly going out, I have to restart the router nearly every other day!

It makes no sense to me since I didn't change the router so I have no idea what is going on.

Any ideas?!?

Thanks
Kevin

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have you learned of a solution? We have the same issue ... Home office uses Comcast Business and modem drops house alarm, home thermostats, Directv, security cameras, Ring, gate controlers etc .... Considering changing the provider but Google fiber is not yet available & not sure if AT&T is a better choice (would like fiber) ... will Comcast upgrade to a better modem? ... Home has multiple Apple Airport modems with very good signals. Thanks for your insight TM