Skip to content
lsmiles's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 22nd, 2014 6:00 AM

Help - no wifi with netgear cg3000d/mynet750 and static IP

Please help with my situation. I just moved my business service to a new address. I had a cisco gateway th as t was both modem/router before. The tech installed a netgear cg3000d. With my wd 750 router, I cannot access the router settings at 198.162.1.1 and get no wifi at all.

Since I have 1 static IP, I tried putting the netgear in bridge mode by disabling the DHCP and firewall and power-cycling the router. But still nothing. And now I cannot get to 10.1.10.1 to the netgear settings even after hard resetting it to factory defaults.

ComcastJon or others, please help.

Problem solver

• 

326 Messages

10 years ago

I would suggest calling into the 800 number  - I'd bet that they have the wrong device selected on your account and when you reboot it it's trying to setup as an SMC or something...

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi lsmiles.  The Comcast Netgear device does not have WiFi capability, Currently the Cisco 3939B is the only device provided by Comcast with WiFi capability.  A service call will be necessary to replace the Netgear with a Cisco WiFi enabled device.  

The router functionality of your current device was disabled which also disabled access via 10.1.10.1. Router functionality has been enabled.  The Business Service Center@ 1-800-391-3000 can scheduled a service at to replace the Netgear device at your convenience.  Please let us know if further assistance is needed.

Thank You