Skip to content
mbind's profile

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 9:00 PM

Gateway password changed (!?) Can this be re-set?

Hello Comcast support,

my gateway is not accepting my password any longer. It worked in the past but all of a sudden the gateway rejects.
(FYI, I've written down the password, there is no mistake or "forgetting" possible).

Tried the default password as well, no luck.

Two questions:

Q1: can Comcast reset the password _without_ a reboot and/or factory reset of the gateway?

Q2: how can this happen?

Thank you & regards,

Marc

Accepted Solution

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there! I'm so sorry for the delay. During this time, we are doing our very best to make sure we respond to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much for the information. I'd like to take a shot at helping you with this. Can you respond via a private so we can continue? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem as the original poster. My router will not accept my password and I have tried both the new and the old. I saw the solution using the black button on the back of the router but I don't want to reset back to factory defaults. I only want to change the password or figure out why my password is not working anymore.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there! I'm so sorry for the delay. During this time, we are doing our very best to make sure we respond to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much for reaching out regarding your modem password. You've absolutely reached the right place, and are in good hands. I will own this Issue for you and ensure that I provide the best help I can today.  Can you please send me a private message with the last four of the account number and/or last statement balance, your full name, phone number, and service address including city, state, and zip code?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was being helped by anohter tech but now I can't reach him. I have tried everything he suggested including power cycling the modem, and I still can't log in to my modem. It keeps telling me that my password is incorrect, which it is not. I need to get this issue resolved. I tried calling support and the recording tells me that internet is down in my area, but my internet is working so I can't speak to someone because your system blocks me from reaching anyone live. This is very frustrating and really poor customer service. I have been battling with this since Saturday. FYI: I DO NOT want to reset the modem to factory defaults, I just want to login so I can change the protocol to 802.11b so I can connect a wifi scale that I have.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have this exact issue.  Need to reset cusadmin password at our Comcast Business Gateway without doing a full reset on the gateway.  But I think the solution was done in private msg.
I can go private to discuss (not sure how to do that though) can you reply via email -will give you all our account details.
Thanks
kgmulhal
Kevin Mulhall / Kevin@mulhall.net / 248-761-3031