Skip to content
D

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 23rd, 2021 7:33 PM

Forcing a price increase by removing old plan / Hard pushing router

I have had the same plan with Comcast for Business Internet at basically $100-110 a month for the last 10 years plus.

Now they are telling me my plan is being retired and I have to get a new plan. For a minor bump in performance I can pay a 50% price increase.

If I want to go beyond that I can but then I have to use their router.

What the world are they doing with the router that I have to use their router? And if I don't use their router there is an option where I can use my own but it's more than double. Either that's completely wrong or they are getting some MASSIVE benefit out of me using their router. Are they doing advanced network management with it in which case they should tell me they are messing with my traffic. Or are they using it to harvest data and selling that to 3rd parties for advertising reasons?

Am I paranoid or is there something fishy about this beyond just the crazy price bumps they are throwing out there?

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Hi dirigo, thanks for reaching out to us here with this concern. We certainly don't want you to feel this way, please allow me the opportunity to get you all the information you need to help you make a good decision moving forward. First can you tell me if you're writing in regard to your residential service plan or is this for your Business account? 

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Amir this is in regards to a business account.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Thanks for clarifying Kent. We have a special team created just for our Business customer's billing concerns. They can be reached at 1-800-391-3000 24/7/365. Please give them a call and one of our representatives will be able to address all of your billing questions/concerns. If you need anything else please don' hesitate to reach back out to us here :) 

Problem solver

• 

326 Messages

3 years ago

Unless you have static IP addresses (do you?) you do not need to use their modem and in fact you really shouldn't be on Comcast Business service anyway unless you are doing voice with them.  The reason they are trying to push new gear is to allow them to use more tv channels for data.  In some areas they are very congested.

If you have statics you have to use their modem because their modems participate in their global routing protocol.  They can't allow customer gear to do this since people could inject bogus routes and screw up other customers.