Skip to content
VAmoves's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 1:00 PM

failed GRE protocol

We have a Cisco 3941b and static IP. Creating a socket to test GRE protocol fails. I have been on the phone endlessly with tier 2 support and can get no answers. I can find no information online if this modem even supports the GRE protocol.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Hi VAmoves and thank you for reaching out about this; I'm still digging to confirm that the 3941B supports GRE but Cisco is the company that developed the tunneling protocol which makes me think it would be. I did find this link on the Cisco site but I am reaching out to be able to provide a more definitive answer: Resolve IPv4 Fragmentation, MTU, MSS, and PMTUD Issues with GRE and IPsec . I'll update with more information when I have it 🙂

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Hey VAmoves, I asked around and this is something that is not done through us although I was given a link that I've included here for you. This would be beyond our demarcation and so you'll want to contact your IT or Cisco directly for more information on the failed protocol. Once you do, if there are changes needed to your services through us that need to be made, you can click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number. 

Generic Routing Encapsulation