Skip to content
laszloh's profile

New problem solver

• 

5 Messages

Friday, March 25th, 2016 2:00 PM

DPC3941B web interface 'static routing' screen doesn't work - need to add routes please help

Note that this is not about 'static ip' which are configured through a dynamic routing protocol.  This is about adding a fixed route to the routing table, labeled as 'static routing' in the user interface.  This works fine on the SMC 3DG CPE but I got the DPC3941B and I can't configure it because of this bug.  The user interface is not functional so I am unable to add a route.  I don't know who to report this to - someone needs to fix the web application and push out new firmware I guess, so I feel like I'm pretty much screwed at this point.  Is there a way a comcast person can add a static route for me so I can get things set up? 

The web UI's service endpoint returns a 401 error status when the form is submitted.

comcast-static-1.png

comcast-static-2.png

comcast-static-3.png

Thanks,

Laszlo

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

8 years ago

(see my other reply in a related thread to you).

The feature is broken. It is not a policy decision whatsoever; the feature SHOULD work. I will say that I sent a message to a support rep here last year, and the rep confirmed that they knew it was an issue, and would be fixed "sometime in the future".

As for how motivated they are in fixing it..... I'll let you take a guess there. 😉

New problem solver

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I called Comcast and the tech support agent was able to add this route using their login.  It seems like the cusadmin user is not able to add the routes themselves, but this functionality works fine on the SMC gateway.  I could understand if there is some policy about locking this down, but this seems more like an oversight than a deliberate decision, since it works on some of their gateways but not others.

-Laszlo

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the exact same issue.

I have basically no way to do anything serious on my LAN. 

I just figured that out today and looking at when this bug was open, I am furious that this still isn't fixed.

How do we do now?

I had the SMC one before, it worked, this is basically a downgrade.