Skip to content
Computer_Coordinator's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2017 8:00 AM

DPC3941B Modem

We have a Comcast DPC3941B modem/router.  We have some computers which talk to the modem/router via WIFI thru UNIFI Acess Points Pro access points.  Computers which run Windows work just fine and get proper IP addresses for our network and are able to connect to the Internet.  Devices which do not run Windows (such as Iphones, Ipads, Tablets, and Chromebooks) don't get an IP address from the modem/router and can't connect to the Internet. How do I resolve this? I will appreciate any help I can get.  

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello,

Have you tried to bypass the UNIFI Device and run WiFi directly off of the Cisco modem? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The Cisco modem refuses to give IP addresses to nonwindows devices which are doing WIFI thru the access points or to nonwindows devices which are directly wired into the modem/router via Ethernet cable.  So I still have the problem.  Thanks for your interest in helping me. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have also tried to run nonwindows devices using the WIFI directly from the modem and I get the same results: the modem/router will not give nonwindows devices an IP address.   So, I'm really stuck with this problem. 

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

There are no know issues with this modem that would be causing. I know for a fact that nonwindows can connect to the Cisco so this leads me to believe to either a settings issue or possibly a faulty modem. We can have a tech swap out the modem. Please send me a private message with your account number and what days and time frames would be good to have a tech swap it out.