Skip to content
my-spot's profile

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 8:00 AM

DPC3941B and VPN Router

Hello all,

I have a DPC3941B with 5 static ips. I would like to set up a VPN tunnel to a remote location using a pair of Cisco RV042 routers running in gateway to gateway mode but I'm NOT a VPN expert. The DPC3941B is plugged into a 16 port switch for the LAN. I am trying to understand the best way to physically connect the VPN router.

Do I use TWO cables and plug the RV042 LAN port & WAN port (set to one of my public IP's) into the switch?

Am I better off using NAT or configuring the RV042 WAN port with one of my public IP's?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Frank

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

6 years ago

I am happy that I was able to assist. If you need anything further please reach out to us at any time. 

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

A quick look at Comcast's Managed VPN Service makes it look like it only works if both locations are in Comcast's service area (network). The remote location is not served by comcast. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

6 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I would not able to advise on how to set this up since this would be passed the Comcast Business demarcation policy. At this time, Comcast Business does offer some VPN services through our Enterprise Business services. If you would like more information on this please reach out through private message with the name, address and phone number on the account and I would be happy to assist.