Skip to content
WGF00D's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 28th, 2015 7:00 AM

DPC3939B Wifi Not Secured

On Tuesday I had a new DPC3939B installed. This morning I am trying to setup the 2.4Ghz wifi to use for employee cell phones and laptop that don't need LAN access. I changed the SSID and password, the new SSID is broadcasting however it is showing as unsecured and doesn't require my password for a device to connect. I tried disabling and enabling the SSID, I tried changing the password to something more simple, and I tried both AES and TKIP/AES security. No matter what I try I can not get the SSID to secure. Has anyone had this happen before?

I also want to disable the xfinitywifi SSID but I see after reading though some posts on this forum that I have to call to get that done.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hi WGF00D.  Xfinity public WiFi has been disabled on the device.  I checked the gateway and the 2.4 private WiFi is set to 

WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) (Recommended one). Pleases let me know if additional assistance is needed

Thank You

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yes, the 2.4 private WiFi is set to WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), however the modem still will not require the password for a device to connect. I tried it on my smartphone and a laptop, both devices will connect without requiring the password. I have tried changing the password several times, I have tried changing security types, and I have tried enabling and disabling the 2.4 wifi, it keeps showing up as an unsecured wireless network.

(I am still the same person that made the original post, I have a new screen name because the email account on our Comcast account was changed)