Skip to content
DanRagle's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, September 11th, 2014 10:00 AM

Disable ping on WAN Interface for DPC3938B?

Just got my old SMC replaced with a DPC3938B. Having only 1 minor issue. in Gateway -> Firewall -> IPV4 is a checkbox labeled "Disable Ping on WAN Interface" that I would like to check, but each time a check it and click save it is unchecked when it comes back. And the opposite is true for the "Disable Gateway Smart Packet Detection", it comes up checked by default and even if I uncheck it and save it does not "stick" (though I'm not really concerned about that setting).

Is there a trick to getting the Pings turned off? I don't want to block pings entirely through the device (I still want to be able to ping my static IP, just want to be able to toggle the gateway ping on/off when desired).

Dan Ragle

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi DanRagle.  That particular setting is located on and controlled by the firewall.  To disable ping:  sign ito the gateway: click the gateway tab on the left, click the firewall tab then click the IPv4 tab.  Ping on WAN interface is located on this page.

Thank You

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, John. I was already able to find the checkbox, my problem is that whenever I check the box and click "Save Settings" it doesn't "stick". I.E., I can still ping the WAN interface, and then when I go back into the interface the checkbox is still un-checked.