Skip to content
ko1730's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2019 11:00 AM

DHCP PC does not connect to Static IP PC

Hello,

I recently had business internet cable modem upgraded to DPC3941B in office. Tech guy ported the settings from previous SMC modem.

Most part it is working but there is one thing not working after the modem upgrade. 

I have 13 static public IP with this 300M plan. On this internet, I have Windows PC with DHCP (10.1.10.xx) and static IP Windows PC, let's say Z with a simple FTP server running (non secure mode).

I am able to ftp to this Z from AWS and my home PC ftp client. But ftp client on this 10.1.10.x DHCP range PC does not establish any connnection to this static IP  Z. This was working before with previous modem.

Modem setting is very simple, no bridge, no port fowarding, firewall setting to default (low). 

In modem admin console (10.1.10.1) , there is diag tool traceroute. when I enter the IP of this Z and test, it times out.

I feel this is outside of Modem admin setting and need some help.

I found below topic, not same issue but I feel some similarity and "have the profile rebuilt"  maybe what I need.

Topic "Modem DHCP with static IP's - Help!!"

Thanks in advance!

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Hi ko1730! Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for reaching out about the issue regarding the static IP. I'd like to take a look into the configurations to start off; can you please send me a private message by clicking on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and providing your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Update for the community.

I had discussion over the phone with one of the staff on 5/28. It looks like this routing (from DHCP 10.1.10.x to static IPs (Comcast plan option) is not available in the new technicolor DPC3941B modem.  For the record, previous one was SMCD3G modem.

They share very similar admin console menu items but this unique routing is handlied differently.

There are workarounds in my environment to work with new modem.

On the side, I am still poking around what maybe possible.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing the information and I'm really glad that they were able to look further into this! Please continue to update if you happen to find a workaround that may be useful to the community 🙂 We appreciate you!