Skip to content
U

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 23rd, 2023 3:25 PM

'cusadmin' password needs to be defaulted

The password was reset at some point, and someone who'll remain nameless (me) neglected to write the randomly generated password down in their Keeper password vault...

So now there's no access to the modem.

There used to be a way via the Business portal, but that apparently went the way of the dodo.

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @user_d98a25! Thanks for taking the time to reach out on our forums page for help with resetting the modem password. We are the perfect team to assist. When logging into the modem via the admin tool, have you tried to select the change password option in the upper right corner like in the following link for logging in to the admin tool? 

• 

2 Messages

Well, if I had the password, I could login and change it, hence the need to reset the 'cusadmin' password.

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

1 year ago

No worries. @user_d98a25 We can get that password reset on our end with having to do a factory reset to the modem. In order to further assist, please send us a direct message with your first/last name, full address, and a phone number listed on the account. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Comcast Business" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

(edited)