Skip to content
SeamusO's profile

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 11:00 AM

Current Gateways?

What are the current available gateways? I have 2 gateways (separate locations), one Netgear CG3000DCR and one SMC. We're prepping to upgrade the speeds to 150mbps in both locations. I know the Netgear will handle the 150 fine + leave some room to grow (I'm running similar in my home office), but am wanting to replace the SMC. We are running static IPs, so have to go with leased modems.

What are the currently available gateways? Is it possible to get the Netgear gateways at this point? We do not need nor want anything with built in wireless (lan and xfinity hotspot).

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there! I really appreciate you reaching out to us with your concern. You've absolutely reached the right place, and you're in good hands. I can give you all of the information needed to make sure you know the best modem to purchase that will handle the speed that you're working with. Can you please send me a private message with the last four of the account number and/or last statement balance, your full name, phone number, and service address including city, state, and zip code? 

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I'm curious as to why when I'm asking a basic question about currently available hardware I'm being pushed to a behind closed door situation. I'm simply needing only to know what the currently available gateways are so I can verify compatibility with our in house routers and interoffice services.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

5 years ago

I will do my very best to answer your questions for you. I have a full list of qualified modems I can send to you immediately. They are broken down by speeds and provide the best modem recommendations for the internet speed you're working with. I can send them to you via email if you would like? 

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Again, why all the cloak and dagger. I need to know what gateways comcast business is providing cutomers who have staic IPs. Static IPs require a leased gateway, not a purchased gateway so anything that is provided is already approved. you should be able to directly and openly provide me with the current available hardware. Any direct contact regarding upgrading speeds and / or replacing hardware will be done via the loyalty department.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

I truly apologize if it seems like you're getting the run around. It is a pretty big list, which is why I wanted to send it to you. May I have your email address, so I can send you the list with all of the information about modems and qualifying speeds? This way you have your own copy.

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Robert,

Sorry to butt in here but I think you are still missing the mark.  The OP is asking about all the models of Comcast Business Class routers that are available for lease.  The post clearly states that they have static IPs which, as far as I understand, requires the lease of the router.  The modem list you are about to send is probably not going to help.  I was told by a BC tech that there are basically 3 models used, the SMC, Netgear, and a Cisco.  I cycled through all 3 because of issues and the tech said that the Cisco was the last one available and he thinks it's the most stable.  There can certainly be more or different ones now.  The tech did say they were phasing out the SMCs because those are the oldest and starting to show it's age.