Skip to content
ewatts420's profile

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

Monday, October 22nd, 2018 6:00 PM

Connected Devices?? and a fix for it

It has been over 9 months since you were made aware of this issue. It has been nearly a year since it first started happening. When can we expect a fix for this? Also you are still pushing out the bad firmware causing this issue. I had mine working fine and not long ago it updated again and all my devices disappeared. Luckily, I had saved my configuration and was able to restore it. 

Side note, I have found a way to "fix" it without a factory reset. IF you have your gateway working properly, from the main screen after you login, click "SAVE CURRENT CONFIGURATION" and save the file it lets you download. Keep this file in a location where you can be sure it will be safe. If they push the bad firmware again that stops connected devices from showing... just login to the modem and click on "RESTORE SAVED CONFIGURATION". Browse to your saved file and then click RESTORE. It will reboot the modem and take a few minutes. After it comes back online, all your connected devices will be showing and all configuration changes you had saved previously will be restored. 

Official Employee

• 

56 Messages

6 years ago

Hi ewatts76,

Sorry that you are having an issue with your business gateway. Backing up the configuration will only backup the settings, it does not back up the firmware. Sounds like there may be an issue with the device or a setting causing this issue. We can take a closer look at this for you if you like. 

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

6 years ago

I am no longer having issues. The restore fixed the issue with my devices and they are now showing. I also had ipv6 disabled and the update that broke connected devices turned it back on. The restore also disabled the ipv6 again for me as well. I made a couple changes to my configuration and created a new backup. I am all set for the next time a bad update to my gateway that breaks these two things. Thanks.

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

If you have any questions in the future, please reach out to us, we're here 24/7 for your support! You can also get support on your Comcast Business App or visit https://business.comcast.com/myaccount/. Have a great day!

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

It's hard to believe that it has been a year since this was first reported and there is still no fix.  For a while this summer it seemed to work occasionally but not anymore.

Official Employee

• 

56 Messages

6 years ago

Backing up the device only saves your custom configuration settings, it does not save the firmware or restore to a previous firmware. Firmware cannot be backed up or saved. Let me know if you have questions about your custom configuration. 

Official Employee

• 

56 Messages

6 years ago

This is by design, the device is operating correctly. 

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

When will a fix be available? 

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Not displaying connected devices is by design now?

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

6 years ago