Skip to content
Heather_A's profile

New problem solver

• 

24 Messages

Monday, June 29th, 2015 4:00 AM

Comcast Gateway Modem

When I set up my comcast business service I wanted to use my own wireless router.  But now this is becoming problematic.  How can I get a Comcast wireless gateway.

Can they ship one for self installing like residential service did?

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Welcome back Heather,

To your query, at this time Comcast Business services do not have a self-install kit.

Please contact our technical support team at 1-800-391-3000 and request for a tech call to replace the unit.

I will forward your post to our product team for future consideration of self install kit for business customers.

Thank you

Problem solver

• 

326 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Heather,

You do realize they are up to $13 a month rental for their equipment, right?  You can buy a really really nice router for under $100 that will pay for itself in 7 months.

New problem solver

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

I thought you could not buy your own router if you had a static IP.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah you are correct, if you have a static IP you must rent a Comcast-provided gateway. At the moment, the available wireless-capable gateways are the Cisco models DPC3939B and the Cisco 3941B. The 3941B is greater in performance and is recommended, but the DPC3939B is not bad.

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

Can the 3941B "FULLY" DISABLE IPv6 unlike the 3939B (only stateful can be toggled).

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

@timd1971 wrote:
Can the 3941B "FULLY" DISABLE IPv6 unlike the 3939B (only stateful can be toggled).

I'm not sure, I don't have the DPC3941B. But from the screen shots I've seen of its configuration screens, it seems close to identical to the DPC3939B. The 3941B's primary improvement is its greater number of downstream bonded channels.