Skip to content
L

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 27th, 2021 3:43 PM

Comcast Business modem port forwarding stopped working

My client updated their Internet connection and a new Comcast Business class modem was installed. I forget the model, but it is the most recent one. When it was installed, a configured it exact;y as the original modem. It seemed to work, however it has stopped months later. When I set it up originally, I noticed and read that the IP's needed to be in the DHCP pool to be able to configure the port forwards. Well, the LAN devices were already statically assigned. So, I set the port forwarding up and then modified the DHCP pool to remove those IP's from it. Again, it seemed to work for months. 

So, my question is. In order to get this working again, do I need to just have the entire class C in the DHCP pool and then tell the modem under device management that the X devices are static?

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach back out to us here on our Xfinitty Business Forums. I would love to see how we can best assist you. Just to confirm you are reaching out on behalf of your client, is the internet functioning at all? Is it an issue with the port forwarding only? It would also be helpful to know exactly which model modem you are referring to.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it is just the port forwarding. I'm not at the location, so I cannot confirm the model. But again, I believe it is the current one being installed.

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

Thank you for confirming that it is just the port forwarding. Have you already reviewed this article and gone through the steps outlined to see if that resolves the concern with the port forwarding: https://comca.st/3yG7JZD;

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

That link is broken. 

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

Hmm, try this one: https://comca.st/3hXe6Sp I'm truly sorry if the link didn't work the first time.