Skip to content
Soundfoh's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2019 8:00 AM

CGA4131COM Public Static IP to Private IP with port routing.

Not sure if this is the corredt forum for this question so please forgive if it isnt.

Just spoke with Tier 2 @comcast and was told that with the CGA4131COM business gateway there is no way to 1 to 1 NAT a public ip to one of my private ip (local) that are running a service on a port that I need to access.

Exmaple using 1 to 1 NAT:  Static - XXX.XXX.XXX.94 > 10.1.10.153:3002 (the problem is I can't speficy the port number)

If I do 1 to 1 NAT: XXX.XXX.XXX.94 > 10.1.10.153 it looks for port 80.  Granted if the private IP I use has a web interface on HTTP port 80 it will load without issue, I just need to move to another port.

Does anyone have a solution to solve this?  I am going to assume it has to be on the internal side of my network but I am not sure what I need to do.

Thanks!

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, I do want to thank you so much for reaching out to the Digital Care Team here through the forums. I am sorry that you are having to reach out after speaking with us over the phone. I do want to make sure that we can help get all of your questions addressed. Can you please send us a private message with your name, the phone number, and full address to the account?  -Anisa

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to Comcast! I can help with seeing if we are able to 1 to 1 Nat a public ip to your private ip that is running a service on a port that you’re needing access too. To get started, may I have your first/last name and full address? -Gabriel

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Not through the public forum.  Another Rep reached out via private message and we have been talking.  However I would hope someone else on the forum could chime in about a solution.  Thanks

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

That's the best part about the forums-- fellow community members sharing their knowledge! Sounds good; I appreciate you reaching out and look forward to any insight and input the others have on this issue. 

-Gina

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your modem concerns. I would love to assist you and dig further into this. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

These CGA4131COM threads end rather abruptly. I hope some folks will come back and tell us if/how their problems were resolved. I have not yet found any actual solutions to the issues being raised with this device. I keep running into "thanks for contacting comcast, please call" messages and the threads end.

If there is a firmware update or other fix to any of the problems with this router please just link to it, comcast.If you posted about any of the issues, please come back and confirm whether or not a solution was found. Thanks.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This thread is useless!