Skip to content
garyb's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 9th, 2020 7:00 AM

CGA4131COM Gateway firewall

Hi all, first post here. I am trying to secure our network which has a Comcast CGA4131COM gateway and currently our firewall is allowing all traffic. When I attempt to change choose the deny all in the port management (which i believe to be the correct area to do this) to identify which ports I would like to allow etc, I keep getting the following error: 

"start ip is in range of neither true static ip subnet nor additional public subnets" 

Now our Ip range set is 10.1.10.2- 10.1.10.253 but I shouldnt have to change it to a 192.168.x.x scheme should I just to set this up? Any guidance and/or manuals or articles online would be greatly appreciated on this. I would like to get this implemented as quick as possible but I am not understanding the erorr I suppose. Thanks in advance

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Hey there garyb! I'm so glad you've joined the forums community; welcome! This link has the basic overview for the firewall options:  https://comca.st/2R0xlvb  but if you are still having trouble, we can take a look into the interface. You'll want to send a private message by clicking on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and sending a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any additional details about the network setup that you feel might be helpful. If you happen to get a message when trying to send the private message about a limit, clearing cache and cookies should do the trick 🙂