Skip to content
BillyJoeBob's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 5:00 PM

CBR-T / Technicolor CGA4131COM HOW2s

I am a new business customer with the Technicolor CGA4131COM Gateway device and am having a few issues. I would like to collect issues and fixes in this topic for others to use. 

HOW2 change and save the DHCP address scheme that I want. I have made an initial change to get the subnet I want but I am not allow to more narrowly define the exact segment. This is under Gateway/Intial Setup/Enable LAN DHCP. DHCP is enabled and I have been able to change the LAN IP to the subnet I want (ie 192.168.231.XX) but the DHCP Start and End IP address boxes give me an error of "Please enter a value less than or equal to 13". The number 13 is correct as I am using a Subnet Mask of 240 but I cannot the exact segment I want. 

Official Employee

• 

128 Messages

5 years ago

BillyJoeBob, here there! Thanks for posting on the forums! 

Did you uncheck the Enable LAN DHCP check box?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yuop. Thanks. Check the simple things first. 

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks confirming. In order to provide you with the best solution, may I ask why you're wanting to change and save the DHCP address scheme to what you want? Are you trying to set up a static IP? From what I understand, the DHCP address cannot be edited and is automatically assigned to the modem. -Gabriel

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Gabriel, 

Thanks for your input. My original Technicolor went brain dead and I just received a new replacement last night. On the first unit I was able to change the range of the DHCP served addresses to other ranges of private range addresses using the Gateway/Connection/Local IP Network page of the web interface.  However, when I used the subnet mask to limit the scope of the range, the beginning and ending addresses of the range were forced to the first group created by the subnet mask entry. For increased security I use all non-standard addressing whenever I can and wish to use a higher range of addresses within the subnet. 

I am going to fool around with it the LAN DHCP on my new gateway and will report back what I find. 

Bill

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

No problem. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Do you currently subscribe to any static IPs? -Gabriel