Skip to content
fkby's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 14th, 2015 9:00 AM

Can't log into smcd3g to check bridge mode

We're experiencing delays on our Vonage phones on our network.  We have a static ip on an SMCD3G with a WNDR4300 down stream.  We'd like the SMCD3G in bridge mode to eliminate any conflicts. It's supposedly in bridge mode but I would like to check and also look at all of the modem configuration settings.  I can't log into the SMCD3G following all the advice I've read on other messages.  I have a windows laptop plugged into a lan port.  I brought up a browser and went to 10.1.10.1.  The window times out without a connection made.  I'd appreciate any help.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

When a gateway is in bridge mode, access to the http://10.1.10.1 page is disabled.

If you have static IPs, you actually shouldnt be running in bridge mode. Bridge mode deletes all provisioned static IPs and disables all routing functions of the gateway, turning it into a standard cable modem that will allow only DHCP-obtained addresses. Youll need to either send an IM to a mod here, or call back in, and request to be taken out of bridge mode.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Keep in mind, I am not a Comcast employee, so I can't verify whether your gateway is in bridge mode or not, nor can I configure it in or out of bridge mode. You'll still need to IM a mod or call in for that.

The recommended setup should be the Comcast gateway in NON-bridge mode, the WAN interface of the Netgear WNDR4300 set to "Static IP" and configured with your Comcast-provided IP information, and the LAN interface of the Netgear set to provide DHCP addresses to all of your LAN clients.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

First of all, thanks for confirming that I am in bridge mode and explaining why I can't access the modem.  We had the SMCD3G put into bridge mode to try to eliminate any conflict problems with the WNDR 4300. We thought that may be causing the delays on the Vonage phones.  It sounds like we've went about it backwards and should take the SMCD3G out of bridge mode and turn off DHCP on the WNDR 4300.   Is that all we'd have to do?  If so, please confirm and take the SMCD3G out of bridge mode.

Thank you so much for your assistance.  We still have a lot to learn!

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your help.  I'll IM a mod.