Skip to content
Hutch's profile

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 19th, 2024 3:19 AM

Bridge mode

I have had the Comcast Business gateway in bridge mode for a few years. Yesterday, my internet stopped working. After calling support today, my internet was restored. The agent changed the gateway to IP pass through. I told her I wanted bridge mode, as I wanted a direct IP given to my firewall. She said it wasn’t possible, as internet wouldn’t work. How is this so? I’ve had it in bridge mode acting as a regular modem without issues for many years. How is this suddenly not allowed? The gateway is now handing out a 10.1.0.x address to my firewall. I prefer to have a direct Comcast IP. I have dynamic IP address, no static. When I change the settings on the gateway, internet does indeed stop ✋ working. Help!

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

6 months ago

Hey Hutch, thanks for reaching out to Comcast Business Support on our forums. Bridge mode is still an option and should be able to work. Since it randomly stopped working, have you tried doing a factory reset on the modem in case it was a software update causing the issue?

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Nick​ is that done by holding in  the reset button on the back with a pin for 10+ seconds? 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

29 Messages

Yes, that is correct, @Hutch. Have you tried that step already? 

• 

4 Messages

That did it! Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

Great to hear, if you need anything further please let us know.