Skip to content
BAG's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 8:00 PM

Attempt to add a Port forwarding rule on Cisco Technicolor DPC3941B fails every time

Hi,

Every attempt to add a Port forwarding rule in the Cisco Technicolor DPC3941B fails with the message: 2020-02-22 port forwaring fails.png

I have read the how to on the support site:

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-ip-gateway-static-firewall/

But the page above mentions fields in the portforwarding that the UI i see does not have: PUblic Port and Private Port. I have Start port and End Port. 

The Software version is:

Software Image Name:DPC3941B_3.9p6s3_PROD_sey

The server computer on the LAN has a static IP that is NOT in the DHCP range of the router. But when i go to the "Connected Devices" section, the computer is listed as "DHCP". It had been a DHCP config but then assigned it a static IP. So the router has the MAC address and may be confused. ANd this may not matter but thought i would provide the info in case it does.

When i select the server, i click the "Connected Device" button to select the server's IPV4 and IPV6 addresses and have them populate the fields.

I've configured a lot of routers. I'm either missing something, something is not as it seems, the router needs a firmware update, or maybe just a reboot.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Peace,

BAG

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I would love to assist you with the port forward questions and any further static Ip questions or concerns. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number?