Skip to content
B

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 11:09 AM

admin tool cant login - 5 minute lockout will not reset

i get the message when trying to login to the comcast business router "You have 10 failed login attempts and your account will be locked for 5 minutes"

Its been weeks and still get this message after rebooting several times. Called support 3 times and the issue has not been able to be fixed. This issue has been posted from many users for the last couple years and I have yet to see a resolution. Other than do a factory reset. Which is not a solution. I have several things configured on this router and cant login to backup the configuration. Support on this issue has been very disappointing. Surely someone has enough technical expertise to fix this. Does anyone know how I can get this resolved?

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have the same problem. I can not perform a factory reset because there are settings in the modem/router that were created by a previous admin. The settings were never backed-up. Could someone please help us?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

18 Messages

Good Evening user_caab5d what modem type do you have? Is this a Xfinity-leased modem, or a third-party modem?