Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 2:15 AM

Adding a Range Extender

I have Wifi Pro for my business, with a private network for our equipment and employees and a public network for customers.  The wifi access point is located towards the front of the building, where most of our equipment and our customers are.  The connection is spotty in the back, and I would like to add a range extender to help with Wifi in that area.  I purchased an Actiontec WCB3000N, but I don't know if it will work because there is no coaxial outlet nearby.  Are there any suggestions on a range extender that would work?  Also, will I need to add the range extender information to my account so that it doesn't show up as a rogue network?

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, thank you for reaching out about the details of your network. I understand the location of the access point is in a spot beneficial to the operation and customers; however, you are having some issues near the back of the building. I see you've already purchased an extender, but you don't have an active outlet in that room. It does seem you would need it for this particular device. We also offer extenders on our end which could help.

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your situation. If needed, we can even get a tech to check the network. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Comcast Business" to compose your direct message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.