Skip to content
chloe24's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 10th, 2015 7:00 AM

add static route to DPC3939B

Hello,

Having trouble adding a static route to a DPC3939B.

After entering the information and click Add, nothing happens.

No static routes appear in the list.

The goal here is to route between the LAN subnet of the DPC3939B and the LAN subnet of a router connected to DPC.

The LAN on the DPC is 192.168.4.n

The LAN on the other router is 192.168.2.n

Thanks for your help.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I am also unable to add static routes via the DPC3939B's web interface. Whenever I try to add them, I get the following error message:

routes.png

I believe that static routes are currently broken on this device.... 😞

See this DSLReports thread where I (and others) have also confirmed the problem:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30267308-Equip-DPC3939b-Static-Route-issues

New problem solver

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Did you ever find a solution to this?  It worked on the SMC business gateway, it just seems to be broken on these newer ones.  I got the SMC one replaced with a DPC3941B and I can't finish setting it up because of this.  I know there are ways to hack around it, like putting it in bridge mode and using something else, but this is essentially a UI glitch that is a show stopper for me.

I'm thinking it might be possible to ask Comcast to configure a static route, but I'm afraid that even if they did, it would get wiped out regularly with no way for me to add it back except to call.  Is there some kind of workaround for this problem?  How are people using these routers without being able to add routes?

Thanks,

Laszlo

New problem solver

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks train_wreck.  I did call them this morning and got a tech support agent to add it.  After I made it clear that it wasn't about static ips they understood what I wanted and basically typed it in for me as I read off the numbers.  Their login is able to do it, but cusadmin is not.  The whole thing took less than 10 minutes.

My guess is that they disabled the permission by mistake; either that or they intended to disable it across the board and forgot to disable it on some of them, because this feature does work on the SMC gateways, just not on the Cisco ones. 

-Laszlo

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

8 years ago

No, I never found a solution. The feature is broken.

I have always recommended against using ISP-provided gateways for all but the simplest of needs. I attempted to add a static route just to test whether it worked, and it appears it does not.

I would surmise that you could get a Comcast rep to add static routes for you. If you decide to do that, I have a feeling you might have better luck sending an IM to a mod here & asking them to do it, versus calling in to phone support.

@laszloh wrote:
How are people using these routers without being able to add routes?

My humble opinion would be that the people who need static routes on their networks, are not using these gateways, at least not for anything besides basic cable modem access/handoff to their own (actually functional) routers. 😉