Skip to content
michael-hopkins's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 7:00 PM

7 day wait for "install" after moving. Installing what?!

I had comcast business internet at an old location and all was working well. I moved to a new location and (because its so well plastered all over the site?) didn't think to call a week in advance of the transfer.

So apparently a location transfer requires the creation of a new account which seems like overkill but fine, I'm not maintaing the customer db. I have all the old equipment yet I can't receive a signal from upstream. A tech is now scheduled to come out and "install" my equipment a week from now. Apparently comcast feels its ok that my business go without internet for a week. Can anybody detail what exactly is happening during this "install"? Or better yet, suggest some options for DIY. 

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

if you can get a downstream light but no upstream, it likely means there are signal problems at the new location. you could potentially post the signal levels from the modem at http://10.1.10.1 , but certain kinds of signal problems could require a technician to come out anyway (problem could be on the pole, or the coax wire coming into the building). AFAIK, all business class location transfers require a tech visit; i had to have one when i moved, there was no option to activate the equipment myself.