Skip to content
jerry_s's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 10th, 2014 6:00 PM

3 Days to Configure SB6141?

I've decided to return my rented SMCD3G cable modem to Comcast, and have connected a SB6141.  I connected the SB6141 to the cable, and called BC tech support to have them configure the Arris.  She took my information and said she'd have it bumped up to Tier 2.  She also stated that I could expect up to 3 business days for them to activate my new modem.

I've read several posts from before and after when Comcast added the SB6141 to their list of approved modems, but don't remember reading that it took 3 days to send the boot file.  Is this now normal? 

For now, I have both modems connected to the cable, awaiting the provisioning of the SB modem.  I'm just hoping I'm here to switch the modem outputs when Comcast decides to activate one modem, and deactivate the other.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

yeah, i went through the same experience activating my 6141; took 2 days, had to be sent to tier 2 (for whatever reason), and was told someone would call me "during business hours". In fact, they actually didn't call me, but just deactivated my Netgear CG3000DCR sometime in the middle of the night, as I woke up to no internet service.

Perhaps Comcast_Jon or someone official here can escalate it for you? Good luck.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately, after more than 3 days Comcast still hasn't sent the boot file to my modem.  Comcast_John even attempted to escalate on Monday, but I guess that didn't help, either.  I called CS to find out the status, and they found that the modem is listed in my records, but couldn't explain why the boot file had not been sent or why no one from Comcast had contacted me.  They scheduled a service call for tomorrow evening.  Kind of a waste of resources considering the number of times I've seen on this forum and on the reviews for the modem I purchased, that it is often provisioned during the call to Comcast.  I guess it just matters who answers the phone at tech support.