Skip to content
Bumpshot's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Mon, Mar 24, 2014 10:00 AM

Need my Modem in True Bridge mode

Can Anyone Please put my Modem in " True bridge mode" .

Not just pass through mode.

I don't have a static IP. 

Tech support told me I have to have Static IP to put my  modem into  true bridge mode.

That does not souund right to me.

it is a Netgear CG3000DCR

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

7 y ago

Hi TaylorCo.   The gateway has been placed in .  All router functions have been disabled.  Please restart you connected device to ensure that it obtains the public IP address.

Thank You

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

7 y ago

Hello DarkSeed welcome to the forum.

I just sent a private message reguarding this issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

7 y ago

Hello kunpowchicken,

Welcome to the forum.

I've received your message and replied to it.

Please review when you have time.

As I have mentioned on the reply if you want to utilize a static IP range to your network "pass through" mode will address it.

Setting the IP-Gateway to pass through mode will disable most of its router function allowing you to setup your network as you see fit.

Thank you

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Thank you for the reply.  This is exactly what I would have expecte.  The explanation I got was anything but expected.

In any event, the only technical issue was that all LAN ports were dead, so there was no way to connect my router to the modem.  I asked if a specific LAN port had to be used, but got the "static IP required" line again, and none of them showed link status anymore.

I'm fine with the downtime and restart.  Thanks again for providing a logical explanation.

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Thank you so much!  Everything is now working as expected.

Administrator

• 

1.9K Messages

7 y ago

HI jaf1348.  Our Tier 2 Support Agent has made the requested change to the gateway associated with this account.  Please restart your router to ensure propagation.

Thank You

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

*sigh* I tried to call Comcast Support, say all the right words, and even point them to this thread. All they said, though, was that they couldn't do it without selling me a static IP ($15 a month). They also said I could buy my own Modem. Not super helpful. On the plus side, it only took them about 30 minutes to tell me they couldn't help me.

So if someone here could help me get my gateway set to True Bridge mode I would appreciate it.

I made my own thread for this over here: http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Need-my-gateway-set-to-True-Bridge-Mode/td-p/13170/jump-to/first-unread-message 

Administrator

• 

1.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hi ahniwa.  Please see your private message for additional information.  

Thank YOu

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Hi John,

Anytime is OK.

Thank you very much!

Corey

Administrator

• 

1.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hi kb_banas.  Your current network setup is not compatible with a device. Since your Static IP address are assigned to you Firewall/Router, you can disable DHCP on the Comcast gateway and utilize your Firewall/Router for all DHCP functions. 

Thank You

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

This sounds like something I may need as well.  I have ports forwarded on my Netgear firewall that are not getting past the Comcast-provided modem.  Would Pass-Through mode defeat the Comcast modem NAT or would it need to be in True Bridge mode?  Or, better worded, what are the advantages of having the modem in True Bridge mode over Pass-through?

Thanks!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

That makes sense Smiley Happy.  It still has the generic creds, so I'll make the change and see what happens.

Many thanks.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

Comcast_John, can you set my modem to bridged mode as well?  Is there some portal that I'm able to use to do this myself?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Hi,

I see from the forum, that the easiest way to get my gateway in true bridge mode is to ask on the forum. Please switch me to true bridge mode. we do not have the static ip anymore.

Thanks!

Administrator

• 

1.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hi Groupj.   The gateway has been placed in .  All router functions have been disabled.  Please restart you connected device to ensure that it obtains the public IP address.

Thank You