Skip to content
loudog212's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 9, 2016 8:00 AM

Can not see Connected Devices

The service is working great but my gateway will not display the connected devices.  Look at the picture.  The gateway will tell me that there are 16 devices connected but will not display the details.

There is no firewall, just a switch. DHCP is run thru the comcast gateway.  Any ideas what is happening here? Tech support on the phone wasn't able to provide an answer

http://imgur.com/Wig2Kpc

IMG_0173.JPG

Responses

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Has there been a fix identified for this issue, or is the temporary solution to just reset the device and replace it if it still doesn't solve the problem? Mine is not showing the connected devices as the others have mentioned. The gateway seems to work fine just can't see them. It recently started this while I was on vacation and I can only assume something changed while I was gone or an update was done.   

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hello sbp.

I would also like to review your gateway as well. Please private message me your account number and business name. 

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue - just did a reset on my Cisco gateway device and still cannot see any connected devices.  There are at least 3 computers connected and working right now,  as well as a extender and second wireless router.  (Steel studs in my building wreak havoc with wireless signals.)

The connected devices page is entirely free of any connected devices.

router.PNG

This just blows... how do you administrate devices if you can't see 'em?

Is there no known cause or fix for this?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hi xray and welcome to the support forums.

I can certainly assist with your gateway. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, same issue as the others, with an added twist.  I set up a couple DHCP reservations to accomodate our new cardkey system.  They seem to have 'taken', but there is no place I can find to display the list of reservations.  Maybe it's a field in the 'connected devices' list, and since I can't see that I can't see the reservations??? 

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

SAME problem here... I can't see any connected devices anymore.  I could when Comcast initially installed and I was able to administer a couple of devices, but no more.  I can't believe a business class modem can't do something so basic.  I'm pretty shocked too, that there's no fix to this issue which has been ongoing (according to the thread) for way too long!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I must have old firmware (see http://imgur.com/a/kTXvR) but I am also unable to see the list of connected devices.  When I refresh I see different IPs appearing, but I cannot get the full list of all devices.

This is annoying.

Does anyone know of any workarounds?  E.g. ssh'ing into the gateway itself and looking at a table of connected devices?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Vik

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

BTW, who the hell marked this as "solved"!?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also not showing devices showing up, including after a hard reset.  Just had a tech out two weeks ago and replaced the router with a "newer" one than what I had previously.   This one has been nothing but problems.

2017-09-04_20-55-25.jpg2017-09-04_20-58-49.jpg

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

SO this seems to have gone stagnant.  Has ANYONE resolved this issue with the help from the comcast techs- other than a "factory reset" which, evidence has proven, is a temporary fix at best???  This is quite absurd for a service billing itself as "business class" has basic management features that don't work....

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hi buckyswider.

I would like to assist with your gateway. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So let me get this straight...

Even though there have been numerous requests to fix this issue, there has  been no fix for how long is it now?  I will be retiring soon and would like to tell my employer that this has been resolved.  Resetting the modem back to original configuration is the only solution??  But has to have comcast employeel do do it off hours.  That blows big-time!!  If Comcast can send out firmware updates to the modem, then why not send an update that contains the original firmware.  Such an easy solution ???  One has to ask what these Engineers have between their ears!! And what Management thinks about all of this!!

I see that today I was able to see all of my connected devices.  I looked at one to get the MAC address, and then went back to "Connected Devices" and now see no connected devices.

When Is Comcast Going to fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hi Linch.

I would like to help with the connected devices on your gateway as well. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Seriously?  All this time and this is still an issue?  I have the SAME issue.  They replaced my modem, which worked for a few days.  No list yet again.  Can't set static IPs without it.  Is there a fix for these things or do I need to research alernative solutions?

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

The tech was out yesterday (thanks Phil!).   He was very diligent.  After about thirty thousand phone calls (i may be exaggerating a bit!) he finally hit paydirt.  Some level II tech knew exactly what to do.  Rolled back the firmware on the gateway and VIOLA!  I see all the connected devices.  Not a moment too soon, either- needed to see the connections this morning to troubleshoot connectivity to our outdoor message sign.  Woulda had to just throw up my hands without the list.

Now problem #2- I see my DHCP reservations, but how do I delete them without blocking the device?

You CAN blindly set DHCP reservations, albeit without knowing if something else already is set to that IP.  I did a few in the last few weeks and now that I see the list they 'took'.  I just can remove some old entries...