Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 28th, 2023 1:36 AM

wrong certificate : Common Name (CN) myrouter.io, Organization (O) Comcast Corporation Common Name (CN) COMODO RSA Organization Validation

Dear,

Please help on my 5 comcast Static ips are connected: Internet --> Comcast Modem/router -->  additional Opnsense Router --> Web Server.

1.Comcast router has its own certifcate: Common Name (CN) myrouter.io,  Organization (O) Comcast Corporation 

2.Opnsense has also Letsencrypt certificate for Web Server app.

3. when web-browser from an internal computer behind Opnesen router tries to access the web server app like gitlab.xxx.com, it says  the errror :"NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

and it points Comcast router certificate in Comcast router instead of Opnsense letsencrypt certificate.

4. It seems Comcast router certificate is for web GUI 10.1.10.1 of Comcast router. How can I sove this problem?  Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our Xfinity business forum for help with this wrong certificate issue. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Hi, AmandaB

there is no Xfinity Support in direct message. Please help another way