Skip to content
jnathanroberts's profile

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2022 5:15 PM

VPN, Static IP, and ConnectionPro

I have a Ubiquiti USG-4-Pro firewall that I am unable to establish a VPN connection to after moving to a static IP. I am not certain if my Comcast Modem is configured in the proper way and need some assistance to verify the proper configuration is in place. The Comcast modem is inline with a ConnectionPro Cradlepoint LTE device which then hits WAN1 on my USG.   From what I'm gathering, the combination of having a static IP and disabled bridge mode is likely the problem.   Is there any way to make this work and keep my static IP?   I'd really like to get back to VPN'ing successfully into my home network while I'm traveling.

As an experiment, I moved to a block of 5 static IPs to try a direct connection from one of the business gateway's LAN ports to WAN2 on the USG.  I'm reading conflicting success stories for L2TP VPN on WAN2, so I'm willing to forget that idea and just use WAN1.

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

2 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Comcast Business Forums. Just to clarify, have you been able to connect to the VPN with the Ubiquiti USG-4-Pro firewall prior to having a static IP? Or is that equipment new to your set up as well? 

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the reply.  It was working prior to the introduction of the static IP.  I think the LTE modem came along shortly thereafter.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

Perfect! I really appreciate the details. It helps us see what the next steps will be. I'd like to get a better look at the account itself. Please send us a DM with your full name, phone number and address to Comcast Business. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list.
An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for that information. I want to make sure my understanding of what happened is solid. Your VPN worked until you added a static IP block to the account. After that, and prior to the new LTE modem it stopped working? Just to clarify, the modem you are referring to, is it equipment you purchased or we provided? 

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Sorry, I should clarify.

I lease the Comcast Business Gateway TECHNICOLOR CGA4332COM.

VPN worked well as long as I checked my public dynamic IP occasionally before connecting.

I moved to a static IP and added the ConnectionPro Cradlepoint E110C4D.

At that point, VPN would no longer work.   

2 Messages

Did you ever get this to work?