Skip to content
U

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 5:35 PM

Update Comcast Business WHOIS Info

Hello,

I need to update by whois information for my comcast business static ip's. How would I go about doing so? I see no options in the portal and tried calling support, but they didn't seem to understand my request.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

2 years ago

Hi user_3c1922, thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern. You wouldn't be able to change or update this information on your end. We may need to submit a ticket for this request. Are you having issues with your current IP info?

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Amir​ Yes, I need to make a change to this IP info. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Customers with Business Enterprise accounts or a /29 or larger IP block, with the block dedicated to their private Name Servers, can have their Business name and contact information listed in the ARIN database.  If the IP block is not dedicated to your Name Servers, then a Comcast Static IP address pointing to your domain is required for this type of change. We cannot make this change for dynamic IP addresses or /30 IP Scopes.

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Amir​ 

Hi Amir, I do have a static /29 block so would like to update the contact information to be listed. 

Thank you

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Got it, we will need to create a ticket for our tier 2 team to get this changed for you. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, business name, and the address for the business? 

"Searching for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Amir​ 

Hi Amir, this is a comcast business account, I do not have an xfinity account. I tried creating one but it just redirects me to the comcast business site. Due to this, I can't follow the procedure you provided here.

Thank you