Skip to content
KLO's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 8th, 2020 9:00 AM

Unacceptable timeframe to have a reverse DNS record changed

I have tried since yesterday around 11AM CST to have the reverse DNS records changed because we changed our domain name.  I had to call again this morning and ended up talking to two support representatives and the last one was finally able to get someone to make the changes.  However, they did not follow my instructions and now all my IP address resolves to just to the domain name itself.  They removed the hostnames.  So no more mail.*, www.*, etc...

I immediately called back and now I am back in the queue.  I can't even speak to a supervisor due to the pandemic.  I am very, very, frustrated and disappointed in the fact that 1) it literally takes less than 1 minute to change 5 reverse DNS records 2) even if someone eventually gets around to fixing the mistakes, it can take up to another 48-72 hours for the changes to propogate through the Internet.

My business relies on being able to send e-mails.  Without reverse DNS working right, other email servers on the Internet will likely reject, discard or report my domain as SPAM because it's no longer in compliance. I understand that we are in a pandemic, but as a business, I need to be able to rely on my business partners (Comcast, in this case) to be able to handle simple things like this within an hour or two at the most.

I am told that I can't talk to anyone for support. They can only create tickets.  This really is not acceptable.  I've been a business customer for almost 20 years and never had any problems.  I understand if this is a request to have someone physically come out and do work, but this is just modifying DNS records.

Please resolve this ASAP and put in a better process to serve your business customers.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding updating your PTR records. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I am so sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble getting these records updated. I cannot imagine how frustrating this has been for you and I want to rectify that right away. You have come to the right place and I would love to assist you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

At this point, it doesn’t matter anymore. I have been needing this to be done 4 days ago. We have since gone with an outside vendor as a work around. As such, it doesn’t make sense to even maintain our static IP addresses or our business account. It’s really a shame and a disappointment that after being a loyal business customer for almost 20 years, we are now no better than residential customers. What a nightmare this has become.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

Oh man, this does sound so frustrating and we are so sorry to see that we have made you feel this way as this is not what we strive for. I would love to be able to turn this around for you and if you do change your mind, please let us know as we are always here 24/7. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the exact same experienc, i so regret switiching to this rediculous company and thier silly config and lack of support.