Skip to content
Jim_C's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 8:00 AM

Unable to make DNS record changes

I am unable to manage my DNS records from the comcastbiz.net website.

I've gone to Websites -> Manage Domain and my domains are listed. But there is no option to edit. The only option I have is "Cancel".

I've searched this forum and found a thread that said the SOA record had to be set to adns.cs.siteprotect.com, which it is.

So why can't I edit my DNS entries?

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jim.  The Primary manager has all administrator permissions.  Once you navigate to Manage Services, click websites and there should be a tab on the left for "Edit Website" that will take you to the control panel

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jim_C. To edit the DNS for your website: Sign in with the admin credentials, got to websites, click edit websites, this will take you to the control panel, under the manage services tab click domains names, then edit.  All Domain Name information, including DNS changes can be made on that page.

Thank You 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Perhaps the problem is with my permissions. When I log on and look under Manage Account -> users I am the only user and my "user permissions" says "Primary Manager". Is that what I should see or do I need some other permissions? If I need other permissions how do I get them given I'm the only account?

Thanks,

Jim

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Now that I'm there I see that one of my domains is not listed. How do I get it listed?

Thanks,

Jim

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the follow up.  Good to know you have resolution.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I can get there now. What I found is that the website uses TCP port 9032 which was not open through our firewall.

Thanks,

Jim

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

HI Jim. Here a link to info on adding existing domains.

Thank you

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm unable to make any changes to the DNS settings.  I have a simple Squarespace site set up that I would like to link to the comcast domain that I own.  How would I go about doing this?