Skip to content
U

• 

7 Messages

Monday, January 16th, 2023 8:54 PM

Static IP monthly charge went up: Why?

Subject line says it all. Looks like the monthly rate for static IP service, at least for my /28 block, went up to $44.95/month beginning in January.

So, Comcast -- Why the increase? And, please, be specific. Did IANA increase their fees to you, or did the prices for buying a congress-critter or lobbyist go up?

Or did you just get greedier? If that's even possible.

Inquiring minds, etc.

Official Employee

• 

35 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there @user_fc3678! On page 3 or 4 of your bill, the month before an increase takes place, you should get an explanation of the incoming increase. Since every area every different I couldn't tell you directly specific details, but I'd definitely start there.

• 

7 Messages

@Comcast_Antoine​ 

OK -- My bad I didn't think of doing that first. Thank you. Now I've looked, though, it's only raised more questions than it answered.

I asked you why one specific charge had increased. The vague references to "programming" (irrelevant, since I only have Internet from you) and "equipment costs" (also irrelevant, since a static IP block is configured in software) don't cut it.

Look -- If you're unwilling or unable to tell me why the static IP block charge increased, just say so. Don't hide behind corporate buzzwords.

There are many reasons I chose the site of our future retirement residence based on the availability of non-Comcast community-provided fiber-to-the-home Internet. Right now, Antoine, the nature of your response is only making it clear I made a good choice in doing so.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

I understand it is frustrating when rates change, we assess our pricing every year and determine the changes that are necessary based on many factors. I don't have the information you are requesting in regard to why the increase for this specific feature happened this year and I know that isn't what you want to hear, I wish I had additional information to provide you. We are definitely saddened to hear you are looking at going to another provider and wish there was something we could do to save you as a member of the Xfinity family. 

I no longer work for Comcast.