Skip to content
quickhatch's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 29th, 2018 2:00 PM

Static IP Issues

Hello,

I have Comcast Router model DPC 3941B, and I have a block of 5 static IPs. I have a Linux server configured with one of my static IPs as per these instructions. I am able to SSH to the server on port 22 via a different interface with a LAN IP address. I cannot SSH to the server from the Internet using the static IP. I have also confirmed the following.

• The Gateway is not in Bridge Mode.
  • The server shows up with the correct static IP address in the Gateway interface Connected Devices page in the Online True Static Devices section.
  • On the Advanced > True Static IP Port Management page, the Disable all rules and allow all inbound traffic through box is checked.
  • Comcast support claims that all static IP's have been loaded into the gateway.
  • I can PING the gateway IP over the Internet.

What is strange is that when I run a port scan on each of the five static IP addresses, each one shows ports 80 and 443 as open, and sure enough,

$ telnet  80
$ telnet 443

does connect on all five static IPs even though I only have a single server at one of the static IPs and that server has those ports blocked via software firewall and there are no services running that listen on those ports. Comcast insists that the static IPS are configured properly on their end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for reaching out to our Comcast Business Support Forums, quickhatch. Are you trying to SSH into one of the usable addresses or the Primary Gateway address? We do not allow remote access into our the Comcast Business Modem but, you should be able remote into any of your usable addresses. I could take a look at your Comcast Business Modem settings and test some of the statics if you'd like? If so, send me a private message with your full name and phone number listed on your account to get started.