Skip to content
wonderzombie's profile

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 8:00 PM

Static IP changed?

I forgot the password to my gateway— or perhaps it was the password issue I saw in the gateway/modem forum— so I factory reset it. Now it looks like my static IP has changed; whatsmyip.com, among other things, reveals a an IP which starts with 90, whereas previously it began with 75. Have I forgotten some configuration change, or is this expected?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ah, for what it's worth, I can ssh into my server from a laptop on the same network. So ssh is running and functional.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome wonderzombie.  The password has been reset to the default.  Also a factory reset on the gateway removes the configuration file.   Please view your private message for the current password and additional configuration details.

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hello,

I did the same thing to our modem/router and lost the static IP after it was reset.  I logged in using the default account/password but I didn't see any place to update the device with its static ip.

What steps do I need follow in order to get the proper static IP address reassigned to this device?

Thanks in advance,

- Robert

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome Robert.  I have researched the Static IP for you service and made the necessary corrections.  The Static IP configuration file can only be downloaded by Comcast employees. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank You 

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Hello switchMountain,

Welcome to the forum.

Your static IP has been restore to the IPGW onsite and routing.

Thank You

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I factory reset my gateway and I'm trying to reconstruct the port forwarding rules I had in place previously.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to open up any ports (e.g. 22). Even when I try to access my machine via the IP I've identified via whatsmyip.com, ssh times out.What's odd is that the "enable" box is always unchecked, for all of my rules. Clicking "enable" reloads the page but the checkbox reverts to unchecked. I've tried deleting and re-creating them and I did not observe any change in behavior.

Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2012-08-05 at 8.37.19 PM.png

I dimly recall that there was some other step that I had to do, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was, or if that's even true! Is there some other setting I need to enable/disable? Thanks!

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Hello wonderzombie,

Welcome to the forum.

It appears after the reset, IPGW lost its static IP setting.

Currently it has been restore and routing properly, please check if your port forwarding working correctly now.

Thank You

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

After a gateway reset I also lost my static IP, please help.