Skip to content
wayne_l's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 20th, 2018 9:00 AM

Static IP address received but cannot work

Hi, I opened the new Comcast internet plan with 5 static IPs included (x.x.x.185 ~ x.x.x.189 /29, and a GW address x.x.x.190), but when I connect my own device (PC or router) to the Comcast gateway router with the new static address, it cannot work at all. The physical connection is shown below (according to someone's post), and all are using physical ethernet port for connection:

[Internet] ------ (Coaxial)[Comcast GW](IP:10.1.10.1) ------ (static IP: x.x.x.185)[my own device](LAN IP) ------ [LAN]

The Comcast GW provided is DPC3941B (Cisco), and the Bridge Mode is disabled. According to some posts listed here, I disabled the GW's DHCP on that device. But it cannot work either. If I configure a LAN IP address to my own device in the range of 10.1.10.0/24, it works fine. But that's not what I want. I need to use the static IP addresses for my project. Do I need change some configuration on the GW router?

Hope someone help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for reaching out to our Comcast Business Support Forums, wayne_l. I'd need to log in to your Comcast Business Modem to be able to give you a better perspective. Please send me a private message with your full name as it shows listed on the account and the phone number that's registered with your Comcast Business Account to get started.