Skip to content
1stumcoro's profile

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 10th, 2022 5:25 PM

setting up comcastbiz.net email

I'm trying to access my comcastbiz.net email that I got when I signed up for comcast business but can't find the incoming mail servers.  I don't know if it's imap or pop.  I can find all over about the smtp settings.  I'm hoping I can get some help here.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @1stumcoro! Thank you for visiting us on the Business Forums for help with this email setup. You can find the steps for these settings through our helpful support site here. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Cassandra​ Thank you for the quick response.  The link doesn't tell me what the incoming mail settings are for Apple mail.  This is all it tells me

1. Open Mac Mail.
  2. Click the Mail menu.
  3. Click Preferences.
  4. Click Accounts.
  5. Select your Xfinity email address.
  6. Verify that the account type says POP. If the account type says IMAP, no changes are needed.
  7. Click the Advanced button to the right.
  8. Change the Incoming Server to 995.
  9. Ensure that SSL is selected or checked as the encrypted connection.

When I enter my email address and password the next screen wants me to add an incoming mail server and an outgoing mail server.  I tried putting in mail.comcast.net:465:1 and I tried mail.comcast.net and nothing worked.  

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Thank you so much for this update. On this link it will give you the outgoing mail server, https://comca.st/3di9MNk. Please use the Incoming server of 995 you see above.

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us on our Business forums and troubleshooting with us. Let's look further into the account for you.  Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number.

By clicking the "direct messaging" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it