Skip to content
RayRandolph's profile

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, July 8th, 2018 9:00 AM

Reverse DNS

First, my question, and then a tiny rant.   I need to get my reverse DNS configured so that my mail stops being returned as likely spam from any number of places.   When I last called in I was met with complete confusion.  Can I get this done somehow?

Also....

Why in the world can customers not set up their own reverse lookup?   The interface to manage my services through Comcast is so antiquated and absurd that it's just infuriating.  I'm not the sort of guy that sends out rants, or blows up on the phone or whatever.  But I've been a customer with Comcast business for somewhere around 13-15 years and there has been almost no change in actual functionality.  When I view my internet services I have three options, "Download Norton," "View Static IP's," (yeah, it's a list of my addresses) and "Troubleshoot" (which takes me to an internet support tool to presumably help me figure out, using the internet, why my internet isn't working).  C'mon guys.  That I have to post to a forum to get RDNS is absurd.  Or send an email even.  If you need someone to write an interface to let your customers do this, let me know.  I'll name that tune in 10 lines of perl (disclaimer: they may be very long lines). 

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

I can certainly assist in setting up the Reverse DNS record for you. Can you please provide the IP address and the DNS that you would like to set up, Along with the name address and phone number on the account through private message? 

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I did send a private msg