Skip to content
R

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 23rd, 2021 9:29 PM

Resetting my Static IP address

Hi,  

Need help getting my static IP reset in the gateway.  

Also some questions.  I'm using the modem as a basic pass-thru, with a another router on the other side.  

I'd like that router to have the IP address,  is that possible or am I stuck with using the modem getting the ip address? 

I've tried many times to get this to work. replaced the modem a couple times too.  It seems to hose up my connection when I try to configure it, so I have to reset everything back to dhcp just to have a working network. 

I have the DPC3941B that then goes to a Linksys EA8300.  Small home network, but is used constantly for work and such.  

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @RogueSprat, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! You've reached the right team to help and we can certainly assist with configuring this Static IP address into your modem. Please keep in mind we can only have Static IPs loaded into our modems and not through your own personal router. In order to get started can you please click the chat bubble in the top right corner and send a message to our "Comcast Business" handle?