Skip to content
cardins2u's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 3:11 AM

Closed

rDNS setup

Looking for a support staff who knows what rDNS is. 

I got 13 static ip address the other day and spent 5 phone calls 30-60 minutes each talking to some accent support staff who's trying really hard to undertand what rDNS is.

They kept say you need to call your domain provider to set that up. 

Another tell me you need to call your ip provider to set rdns up

another tell me that I need to call my technical support team to setup rdns

For the love of god. Anyone on this forum who works for comcast business knows what my team needs please call me or direct me to the right department not round and round we go.

dont know what happen to comcast. I spoke with them many time over the years but it got worse. 

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

19 Messages

4 months ago

Hi @cardins2u Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Business forums. Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "direct messaging" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

done. I hope this get done. I just direct message. t hank you Janelle. 

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

@cardins2u Thank you for taking the time to work with us via DM. I am super glad we were able to set up your IP addresses. We really appreciate your patience while we got those registered. I hope you have an amazing week, and thank you for being a Comcast Business customer!