Skip to content
H

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 3:02 AM

PTR Record

We need a PTR record for our domain.  Can someone please assist?

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

5 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @Hydropeptide_Tim. I would be happy to look into that request from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for that service?

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://businessforums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Business Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

- John

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_JohnG​ We are on comcast business, not Xfinity, as far as I know.

That link won't let me login because i think its for residental... 

When I try to search for "XFinity Support" I don't get that option... There is a "Comcast Business" though... is that what you meant?

I started a conversation there first and was told to create a first post to generate a ticket....

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Unfortunately Comcast Business support can no longer assist with this request. If you're lucky enough to call (800) 391-3000 and actually reach a person anymore instead of having the phone system keep asking if it's okay to reboot your modem when everything is working, you'll be disappointed to know that the tech support rep you speak to doesn't know what reverse dns or a PTR record is. If you're like me, it'll take 5-10 minutes for them to understand your request, then they'll botch it and escalate your "issue" with the promise of being called back within 48 hours.

TLDR: Comcast Business support used to answer the phone when you called and could add a reverse DNS entry for you in 30 seconds, today, they don't even know what reverse DNS is and cannot help you. That is IF you're even able to reach someone on the phone.

Official Employee

• 

43 Messages

Hello @user_74d6be! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on our Business Forums. We value you as a customer and I absolutely understand the importance of successfully setting up a Reverse DNS or PTR Record. This is never the experience we strive for our customers to receive, and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration we have caused you. Please know my team is here to help and would be more than happy to assist you with these requests. 

We have responded to your Direct Message but please note, sending unsolicited direct messages is a violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast-verified employee responds and asks for a direct message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads-up for future reference, but I look forward to further assisting you via our direct message.

(edited)