Skip to content
A

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 28th, 2024 5:43 PM

PTR Record

We need a reverse DNS PTR record setup for one of our clients.

Official Employee

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

As long as you're listed on the account, we can help in a DM! 

Send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Comcast Business" in the To line and select "Comcast Business" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New problem solver

• 

21 Messages

5 months ago

Comcast Business customers in good standing and paying for one or more Static IP address should be able to set these PTR records up on their own within the customer portal.  There is no compelling reason I can see not to offer this functionality.  Shouldn't have to beg support for literal DAYS to get this done.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Especially since you have a 50/50 chance (ok, realistically less) of your ticket getting passed to someone who either A. knows what IPv6 even is or B. will complete the request properly the first time.... or the second time.... or in less than a week.... (Ask Me How I Know™)

You're right, we should be able to request PTR records in our account. The website can verify the IP even belongs to us, provide error-checking instead of us having to read the IP over the phone, and if Comcast still wants to exercise control, the request could go into a queue that a human just has to review and hit 'approve' on.

But apparently all that would be too efficient and sensible for a technology company to.... well, use technology.