Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, June 30th, 2021 9:44 PM

PTR Record Needed

Hello,

I need a PTR record created.  How do I go about that?

Thank you.

Paul  

Recognized Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there Paul! Thank you reaching out. I know how important it is to obtain a PTR record. PTR or pointer records are also called reverse DNS records because they are used to point an IP address back to a domain name which is the reverse function of an A record. Are you looking to obtain this information? 

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Yes.  I have an on-premises mail server and static IP from Comcast and I need to have the PTR record added.

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

OK, sounds good. We can help! To get started, please initiate a chat message {PM} with us. Please include your first and last name, the name of the business, the address and either the phone number or account number associated with it. We will go from there.

To initiate a chat with us, please click on the chat icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page and then search and select Xfinity Support. Let me know if you have any trouble. Thank you. 

I no longer work for Comcast

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity Live is the only item that shows up when I search in chat.  I don't see Xfinity Support.

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

Hmm. OK, thank you for letting me know. Let's see if the following steps help:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or https://comca.st/3qsCH3I
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

I will let you know if/when I see your private chat message come through. If you have any additional difficulties, please let me know here in this thread.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

These are the options that appear when I type "Xfinity Support"

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

Thanks so much for the screenshot!  Can you tell me if you are able to click the support tab?  From there are you able to send us a message?

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

That certainly is odd.  Can you tell me if you refresh the page, are you able to send us a message then?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Opening a new page did it.  

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

Does it look like you have the option to message us now? If so, feel free to initiate the message, that way we can reply from there.