Skip to content
aburt's profile

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021 4:49 PM

Closed

PTR record has broken, need it fixed quickly please, outbound mail is getting rejected :(

Help! My PTR record used to be fine, but somehow just mysteriously changed to "biz", and so now outgoing email is getting rejected by Cloudmark. (Ironically, it's email to a comcast user where I've first noticed it; funny that comcast doesn't know I'm a customer). So I rather urgently need my PTR record for [EDIT: CPNI]. (My other ip#s in the block seem fine, which is strange. How did this happen? I haven't done or tried to do anything dns-related at all so this is a mystery how it happened.)

I run some email lists and do a lot of legit outbound email, so I hope someone notices this post quickly and can fix expeditiously. :)  I see that the normal protocol is to PM someone, but I'm hoping you can just fix it (ASAP) given what I've posted here, since the other ip#s in the block are still tech-soft.com, and being set to "biz" makes no sense whatsoever. You should also be able to see, I presume, that it was previously set to tech-soft.com until the sudden recent inexplicable change. If you need further info, please call me at the phone# on my account.

Please tell Cloudmark it's fine too.  Thx.

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @aburt! Thank you for reaching out to us over our Comcast Business Forums. We would be more than happy to help get your PTR record updated for you. To get started, please send us a Peer to Peer chat message. You can find the chat box access at the top of the Comcast Business Support Community page. Thank you! 

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, and, argh... who do I chat -to-? The new chat box wants a specific username, but "Comcast_MartinR" is not one of the choices. When I type in Comcast_M ... it shows a list of Comcast_* people names, but you're not one of them :}  sooo, which one?

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

I'm so glad you were able to reach me directly, and we were able to get your PTR record checked, verified, and working again. Please reach out to us if you need anything else!