Skip to content
spokanegreenleaf's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 5:00 PM

Point Domain to Hosting Elsewhere

Hello!

I am currently trying to figure out how to point my Comcast domain to my hosting account at Godaddy.

The domain in question is spokanegreenleaf.com

What DNS records do I have to change in my Comcast account to do this? I've tried changing the nameservers and the IP address but the domain is still not pointing to my Godaddy setup.

Thank you.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi spokanegreenleaf. 

To manage the DNS records with GoDaddy you would have to move the hosting services to the GoDaddy platform. Here is a Link to the info from GoDaddy.

Inside the Comcast portal, login with the admin credentials click the my account tab then manage website on left side panel.  This will take you to the control panel, click the link for Domain Transfers and select your domain and click the tab for auth code.  This code is required by GoDaddy.  

Currently you can manage the records thru Control Panel.  Please let me know if you need assistance with accessing the records thru the control panel or assistance making changes to your records in the Business Portal control panel.  

Thank you

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hey John,

Thank you very much for your reply. Do I have to transfer my domain in order to connect it to Godaddy hosting?

I thought I could keep my domain at Comcast and just change the name servers and IP to the Godaddy hosting? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sam

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hey John,

Wondering if you can help me out here. This is a time sensitive matter.

Thank you!

Sam