Skip to content
Datapanic's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 19th, 2016 10:00 PM

Not Happy with move

Well, I just finished un-doing scripts which set my gateway servers to new IP addresses that Comcast Business Assigned and later said I didn't need new IP addresses for a move of service.

I only have 5 statics, and when I called in to relocate service, Comcast Business said I could not keep my existing IP addresses and gave me a new netblock to work with.  Ok, fine.  I wrote some scripts to quickly change IP addresses, default routes and all that on move day. 

But, on Move Day, the onsite tech asked me if I wanted to keep my existing IP addresses! WTF?  I already ran my scripts but still said yes to keeping the original IP addresses because there was even more work to do at the DNS level.  It was a lot of work to un-do IP configs, ipfilter rules, fail2ban rules, etc.   Thanks assholes.

There was something stinky about the Sales Guy getting a credit for a new provisioning of services vs. moving an old 10+ years account.  Please do better next time, Comcast.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

Whine about shell "A lot of work to undo".

If you knew what you were doing you would take a backup of your files before you made changes, not be lazy and pretend you do.

That way you don't have to call people that work for a company "Assholes" and show how much of a whiny little punk you can be. Based on the formatting of your post you are a fence riding ambiguous tribal.

For readers that don't know, our little Snowflake here would need to take less than 3 seconds to undo all of this work "IP configs, ipfilter rules, fail2ban rules".

Happy Monday Snowflake.

Re: Not Happy with move

Well, I just finished un-doing scripts which set my gateway servers to new IP addresses that Comcast Business Assigned and later said I didn't need new IP addresses for a move of service.

I only have 5 statics, and when I called in to relocate service, Comcast Business said I could not keep my existing IP addresses and gave me a new netblock to work with.  Ok, fine.  I wrote some scripts to quickly change IP addresses, default routes and all that on move day. 

But, on Move Day, the onsite tech asked me if I wanted to keep my existing IP addresses! WTF?  I already ran my scripts but still said yes to keeping the original IP addresses because there was even more work to do at the DNS level.  It was a lot of work to un-do IP configs, ipfilter rules, fail2ban rules, etc.   Thanks assholes.

There was something stinky about the Sales Guy getting a credit for a new provisioning of services vs. moving an old 10+ years account.  Please do better next time, Comcast.